Monday, October 29, 2007

Just do it....

So it's been a little over a month since i have been able to drive. The slow healing wounds from surgery have kind of kept me in the house, and the cold weather (i am freezing a lot lately) has me walking indoors instead of out. My already old wooden floors have a new pattern in them around my dining table, lol. Sooooo, yesterday i decided to give it a try. I basically went around the corner to the gas station and then promptly handed the keys to my hubby. It was nerve wracking- and it's hard to hold my incision and the steering wheel at the same time. I spoke to my new friend Jennifer today and she advised me to just get in the car and do it. It will hurt but its gonna hurt for a while anyway and i just cant be cooped up in the house anymore. SO tomorrow i will promise myself to venture on out in my car...ugh.

4 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Well done!! It is so hard to have to stay cooped up inside. Freedom to again go out would have been wonderful. Take it slowly and take care.
Alison

Kelly said...

Hey girl,
So proud of you. The first step is always the hardest. But you'll get there little by little.
Remember baby steps.You don't have to do everything in one day and the slow recovery just means a healthier you when you get there.
So glad to see you posting again.
Miss you like crazy.
Love ya

Baby Sebastian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

Who are you trying to fool? You couldn't drive BEFORE the surgery. Just kidding girl. You just do what is right for you. You know I love you sista!