Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sacred Life Day One


So let's start with this...painting...a passion of mine for so long. There are times when i am so caught up that i dream about painting. I dreamt of a painting that i felt i was supposed to paint for about 4 days in a row last week, but i cant seem to put it on canvas. I am trying to be more diligent in sketching out and then painting (again, i want immediate results, lol)...putting more thought into it than just freewheeling and expecting it to come out like it does in my head...some people can do that...i am apparently not one of those people. It means so much to me to be able to do this. To be able to create with my hands, and for it to mean something to someone out there. I am tired of comparing myself to everyone else, and berating myself for not being 'good enough'. The time for that is over, and with God's help i will overcome that insecurity. This year will be my year of finding out what kind of artist i am...what my 'style' is and where this will take me...
Feel free to comment on my artwork and even to give some criticism (be gentle on me). And thank you for stopping by...Hope you have a creative and inspiring day.

3 comments:

Judy Wise said...

There's a great saying: "You take care and the quantity and let God take care of the quality". Having a passion for painting will take you all the way there; talent is really only a myth. Your work is lovely. Keep going and growing. xoxo

Mandy said...

I'm on a similar journey. Just keep painting. Just keep moving forward.

Jenn said...

LinaBabes, I have seen your paintings. And for some reason you are harder on yourself then need be. I think we all get stuck on the "dot" every time we try to do something...And that is what we need to make ourselves aware of...when we are stuck on the dot and I think once we do that we can move forward. I think that we forget that EVERYONE needs a ruff draft...I mean even God made man first, because he needed a ruff draft (that's a joke...not). What I am saying I guess is, try to draw it on paper and if you find you cant do it...walk away from it and go back to it. I love you and you do this to yourself with a lot of things you do. Look at the scrapbook you made for me...You said it didn't come out the way you wanted it to...But I think it is AWESOME! And I still look at it from time to time, more than I do the one I made for myself lol. Maybe it didn't come out the way YOU wanted, but maybe it came out the way it was meant to be...OK not you got me being all corny and stuff...So I will end this now. Love ya girl and just keep on keepin' on