Friday, August 24, 2007

Poetry Thursday Poem....

Okay so i found this site, Poetry Thursday a while ago, but i never participated because i hadn't written poetry in years and years...Then i wrote a poem for Inspire Me Thursday...so i decided to try it out...Check them out, they will only be around for a couple more weeks...(but maybe if enough people ask nicely they won't close down!!) ANYWAY..the topic was sublimation (and yes i had to look it up because i didn't know what it meant, lol)which means an event that occurs when something passes from one state or phase to another. They asked us to take the last line of the last poem we wrote and start from there, so that is what i did..Here it is hope you like it.

My Voice

To listen to my voice
not an easy task for me
I didn't know the sound
until just recentely.

I decided one day
that i needed to find it
to seek out my voice
and no longer keep quiet.

Slowly i searched
looking in places put away
when all of a sudden
it appeared almost as clear as day.

It peeked it's head out
and i watched it unfurl
my voice that had hidden
inside that scared little girl.

She's had some practice
over the past couple of years
speaking and laughing
even screaming through tears.

i decided that day
that i needed to find it
to seek out my voice
Now i no longer keep quiet.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Lina,
Very beautiful, those words say alot about you. where you were , how far you have come and where you would like to end up.
Keep up the good work. I'm sure your wonderful words will be an inspiration to alot of people

Birdsword said...

I like how in the poem you are no longer afraid to use your voice in any way it shows up